Lead Engine programmer (M/F)
Annecy Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes fr
7 days ago
Your Daily Quest
Working closely with the Core Team of one of Ubisoft’s brands, you will help defining the project’s technical orientation.
As a Lead Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for the architecture, the production and the implementation of all the game engine features on the project. With strong management and technical skills, you will organize the production for the engine programming team, distribute the tasks and help your people communicate with other teams across several studios internationally.
As a key technical adviser for the project, you will have to understand and challenge the game’s creative intentions to ensure their technical feasibility.
- Bring our proprietary game engine to a 2.0 version by developing and optimizing new engine components,
- Address our Artistic and Technical Directors’ performance constraints and requirements,
- Make sure that the game hits the various target devices (including current and next gen consoles),
- Ensure that our coding standards and best practices are followed within the engine programming team,
- Tackle complex technical problems while keeping performance optimization in mind,
- Help the team with debugging and optimizing the code,
- Ensure that the team writes and updates a proper technical documentation throughout the development of the project.
- Manage a team of 4+ experienced engine programmers,
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Core Team, along with other teams and parties involved,
- Prioritize the tasks for your team, follow and evaluate their work,
- Participate in meetings with other teams across several studios worldwide,
- Construct a team spirit and encourage creativity within your team,
- Share information and knowledge in your domain of expertise.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in game programming with a focus on engine programming,
· Mastery in C++ and multithread programming,
· A first managerial experience is considered a big plus (but not stricly needed),
· Comfortable working in an Agile and iterative work environment,
· Good time-management skills,
· Ability to show attentiveness, empathy and integrity,
· Desire to grow and seek continuous improvement
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy!
Please submit an English written resume and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!