Lead Engine Programmer
15 days ago
MachineGames is looking for a Lead Engine Programmer to join our Engine development team. You will lead a group of talented senior programmers whose mission it is to ensure our engine is well oiled and our team members have well-functioning tools to support them in building our next AAA-titles. The Engine team today consists of 10+ talented and passionate programmers. In this role you will be reporting to our CTO.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of the capital Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
MachineGames is a part of Zenimax Media inc. alongside sister studios Alpha Dog games, Arkane studios, Bethesda game studios, Id Software, Roundhouse Studios, and Tango Gameworks, and ZeniMax Online Studios.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance - We practice an open door policy - We deliver what we promise - We give constructive and actionable feedback - We practice ownership and accountability - We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have are not an EU citizen and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Head up the Engine Team and together with CTO and producers plan the Engine team's work.
- Through continuous feedback as well as the annual performance review, help the team members to develop their skills and capabilities towards the short- and long-term studio goals.
- Ensure that team members have sufficient knowledge, mandate and resources to carry out their responsibilities.
- Being an active member of the team, architecting and implementing features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU, and memory efficient with an eye to a quality end-user experience.
- Develop, extend, and debug tools for the development of our games.
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day to day work.
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality
- If required, debug, modify, extend, or use the tools pipeline as necessary.
- Proactively keeping an eye on new technologies and tools on the market and suggesting ways of implementing them into our workflow when applicable.
- +2 years documented experience of successfully leading an engineering team
- +10 years programming experience of which at least 5 years at a AAA game development studio following a whole development cycle
- Successfully lead others by finding the balance between listening, supporting, instructing, and challenging
- Accepts responsibility for the team’s deliverables
- Anticipate and analyse problems, determine solutions and makes informed decisions. Involve appropriate individuals
- Demonstrate and apply strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++.
- Write clean, professional, well commented, and maintainable code.
- Continuously look for ways to improving processes and achieve results. Aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Come up with solutions to problems or challenges.
- Exhibit a high level of communication skills, both by listening and sharing information. You provide constructive feedback to individuals and teams and you take initiatives to collaborate cross functionally.
- Lastly, you are passionate about games!
Applicant Privacy Notice
Applicant Privacy Notice