Lead Engine Programmer
Guildford, United Kingdom
8 months ago
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at Wargaming UK you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
See what press are saying about our new project :
The Lead Engine Programmer role will involve architecting and managing the implementation and maintenance of the engine modifications, tooling and asset pipelines for the whole project. Strong communication skills will be paramount to interact effectively with a wide group of discipline experts and the other leads on the project. The game will be developed on Unreal 4, so controlling the changes we make to allow for easy upgrading to latest versions will be one the main responsibilities of this role.
This position is based in Guildford and you will report to the Technical Director
What will you do?
- Lead the engine team’s development efforts for the whole project.
- Work closely with other disciplines to identify tools needs and gather detailed requirements.
- Design, implement, document and maintain the extensions to the Unreal engine, such as render changes, asset pipeline changes.
- Actively look for ways to improve the engine to improve performance.
- Researching new technologies for possible use in the game.
- Monitor and attack Technical Debt at every possibility.
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years programming experience in the gaming industry.
- Strong practical experience of C++
- Loves working in small, cross-disciplined feature teams.
- Passionate about mentoring technical talent.
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Commercial experience in UE4
- Experience working with highly distributed teams
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!