Lead Engine Programmer
Montreuil IDF fr
4 days ago
Your Daily Quest
Working closely with the Core Team of one of Ubisoft’s most famous brands, you will help defining the project’s technical orientation.
As a Lead Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for the architecture, the production and the implementation of all the game engine features on the project. With strong management and technical skills, you will organize the production for the engine programming team, distribute the tasks and help your people communicate with other teams across several studios internationally.
As a key technical adviser for the project, you will have to understand and challenge the game’s creative intentions to ensure their technical feasibility.
- Bring our proprietary game engine to a 2.0 version by developing and optimizing new engine components,
- Address our Artistic and Technical Directors’ performance constraints and requirements,
- Make sure that the game hits the various target devices (including current and next gen consoles),
- Ensure that our coding standards and best practices are followed within the engine programming team,
- Tackle complex technical problems while keeping performance optimization in mind,
- Help the team with debugging and optimizing the code,
- Ensure that the team writes and updates a proper technical documentation throughout the development of the project.
- Manage a team of 4+ experienced engine programmers,
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Core Team, along with other teams and parties involved,
- Prioritize the tasks for your team, follow and evaluate their work,
- Participate in meetings with other teams across several studios worldwide,
- Construct a team spirit and encourage creativity within your team,
- Share information and knowledge in your domain of expertise.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in game programming with a focus on engine programming,
- Mastery in C++ and multithread programming,
- A first managerial experience is considered a big plus (but not stricly needed),
- Comfortable working in an Agile and iterative work environment,
- Good time-management skills,
- Ability to show attentiveness, empathy and integrity,
- Desire to grow and seek continuous improvement,
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
The World of Ubisoft
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its Paris production studio, proud maker of titles such as Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Just Dance 2020, Watch_Dogs Legion or Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Are you ready to take on new challenges? Do you want to give beautiful experiences to our players? Then come join us!