Lead Ecology Designer - Overwatch
14 days ago
Job Title:Lead Ecology Designer - Overwatch
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for a Lead Ecology Designer. The position involves leading a team of designers as they design, prototype, and create enemy units and interface with other departments to bring them to life in our proprietary game engine. The person in this position will work closely with the game director and other leads to keep alignment on the project goals and help foster talents within the design team.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Guiding the team in crafting unique enemies that will challenge the players in a fun and diverse way to create memorable experiences.
- Be the point person for our enemy unit families (or ecology) with other team members to make sure units created to contribute to enhancing the gameplay, are supported by the game narrative, and are aligned with art and animation .
- Participating in building exemplary content to help the project grow and provide examples for game designers to learn from.
- Contribute to the creation and constant improvement of pipelines and processes.
- Manage the game designers in the priority of their tasks and their deliverables; providing critical feedback on their performance to help them succeed in their craft and career.
- At least 7 years experience in game development with at least 2+ years in a Lead Designer position on AAA production.
- Proven success in creating varied, memorable enemy units or enemy bosses.
- Experience in management and mentoring is required.
- Experience with shooters and online multiplayer elements is recommended.
- Excellent understanding of game design and combat mechanics.
- Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in multiplayer co-op & pvp.
- Ability to create enemy units at all stages – from simple sketches to fully functional enemies in an existing game engine.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Some experience in a form of scripting or programming.
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.