Lead Designer (Remote)
12 days ago
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
For this stand out opportunity we are seeking an experienced fully remote Lead Designer .The opportunity could also appeal to a motivated Senior Designer looking for their next challenge.
Our ideal candidate would consider themselves both creative and technical and enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience working as a Game Designer on at least three published games in a multidisciplinary team and as a Lead Designer on at least one successfully shipped AAA game.
- Able to take ownership of and drive forward the design vision of a game to team members, product management and external clients.
- Be a creative thinker able to provide new and fresh ideas for both high and low-level gameplay.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of gameplay philosophy and reasoning.
- Unreal 4 experience is a must.
- Get hands on and able to work in engine to both prototype ideas and implement gameplay.
- Have a solid understanding of all disciplines.
- You will need to have plenty of experience of dealing with clients and publishers and have demonstrable communication and presentation skills. Strong written skills with the ability to create pitch documents.
- Able to plan and scope design features to match project timelines.
- Must have an absolute passion for games.
- Lead Designer leading a design team.
- Ownership of the design vision of the game.
- Planning, scoping and scheduling all design aspects.
- Working directly with other discipline Leads and Production on a day to day basis.
- Brainstorming and developing ideas, documenting game designs.
- Produce core systems and technical designs.
- To implement designs into the game
- Deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops