Lead Data Scientist
20 days ago
Starbreeze Entertainment is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our team in Stockholm. You will play a crucial role in helping us make data-driven decisions to decide what games we will be making, and improve our current games (both released and in development) and player experiences. You will lead the data science function at Starbreeze, including managing a team of two.
You will work together with the key decision makers to analyze macro plus micro data and trends in the games industry to develop models to forecast revenue and other key metrics for future titles. You will help our game development teams to analyze player behavior, provide insights, and drive data-driven strategies to enhance our games.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to be part of our innovative and dynamic gaming company.
Please note, this role must be based in Stockholm and able to work onsite in our studio a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Source and decide about data sources, external and internal.
- Develop revenue forecast models.
- Analyze player data to identify trends, behaviors, and patterns in gaming products.
- Develop and implement predictive models to enhance player engagement and optimize monetization strategies.
- Collaborate with game development teams to define data collection requirements and KPIs.
- Collect, clean, and analyze data to gain insights into player behavior and game performance.
- Create and maintain dashboards and reports for ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Present findings and insights to management and other stakeholders in a clear and understandable manner.
- Implement A/B testing and conduct statistical analyses to evaluate game features and improvements.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing and customer support, to support data-driven decisions across the company.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Extensive experience as a data scientist in the gaming industry or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python or R.
- Proficiency in SQL for data extraction and manipulation.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience working across business functions and various stakeholders to inform business related data-driven decisions.
- Experience leading and supporting others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical modeling techniques.
- Passion for video games and a deep understanding of the gaming industry.
Still reading? Good, because here’s the best part:
We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
What more do we offer?
- Competitive salaries with annual reviews
- Private medical insurance
- Annual wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- Long term incentive bonus scheme
- Pension on top of salary (≈50% above collective agreement standard for Sweden employees)
- Relocation support if you move from abroad to Stockholm
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
- Massage sessions once a month in the Stockholm office
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Starbreeze values diversity and inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play. If there are preparations or accommodations that we can make to help ensure that you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Recruitment agencies may not submit CVs through this website or directly to hiring managers. Starbreeze Entertainment does not accept unsolicited recruitment agency CVs, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.