Lead Data Scientist
3 months ago
Job Title:Lead Data Scientist
The Lead Data Scientist will lead a team of data scientists focused on developing and operationalizing machine learning (ML) models as part of our game feature optimization initiatives, which include personalizing the player experience and optimizing analytically driven in-game systems. You will be responsible for:
- Managing and mentoring the Game Features Optimization team; setting prioritizations, developing the team roadmap, and delivering results
- Building scalable recommendation and personalization models to create catered experiences for our Call of Duty and War Zone player bases
- Informing the technical roadmap for ML platform development
- Researching and implementing novel ML approaches for new problems
- Translating requirements from cross-disciplinary teams in Game Operations, Marketing, Game Studios, CRM, and Business Planning into data solutions
- Synthesizing disparate data, detecting and working around broken data, and investigating every possibility until you have a thorough solution
- Surfacing and communicating results to technical and non-technical colleagues by generating dashboards and reports
As the machine learning expert on the team, you will leverage your experience to steer data-driven discussions, improve internal processes, and communicate results to technical and non-technical colleagues. You will be a trusted member of an established team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, focused on ensuring player satisfaction in our games. You will accomplish this by:
- Being a tenacious and self-catalyzing problem solver.
- Driving towards visibility, accountability, and communication.
- Being team-oriented, and able to build long-lasting and collaborative relationships effectively.
- Respectfully contributing your professional experience in every conversation.
- Listening with openness to others.
- Adapting quickly, having a high tolerance for ambiguity, and coordinating effectively on a team.
- Evangelizing ethical ML by being thoughtful about identifying, testing for, and reducing biases in models.
- M.S. in Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative field.
- 6+ years of experience as a data scientist.
- Experience with building, deploying, and maintaining recommendation systems in a live environment
- General machine learning expertise, i.e. regression, classification, and clustering algorithms, time-series analysis, Bayesian methods, and survival analysis.
- Prototype-to-production engineering skills in Python, including best practices such as source control, proper documentation, library packaging, versioning, testing, containerization, CI/CD, and task scheduling.
- Advanced SQL and Spark skills.
- Professional habits around model validation, testing, and tracking.
- Solid understanding of statistics, e.g. statistical power analysis, significance testing, t-tests, ANOVA.
- Engineering experience in at least one cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Ph.D. with peer-reviewed publications and a proven track record of self-guided research.
- Video game enthusiasm with a solid understanding of the gameplay mechanics in Call of Duty and Warzone.
- Exposure to stream processing infrastructure such as Kafka and Spark Streaming.
- Hardware-level knowledge (C++, memory management, GPU rendering).
- Experience managing or mentoring other data scientists