Lead Data Scientist
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
12 days ago
Job Title:Lead Data Scientist
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join the Service Technologies team as a Lead Data Scientist. The Lead Data Scientist champions the data science efforts on the Service Technologies team, concentrating on player behavior and interactions. The team partners closely with game teams, other technical teams, global security, and customer service to help build a safe and welcoming environment for all gamers.
You’ll join the established Player Interactions and Trust team within Service Tech which includes data science, software engineering, research, design, and key partners within our game teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, and deep learning and has expertise in designing highly scalable machine learning algorithms. Additionally, the ideal candidate is an experienced people manager that can help level up the junior data scientists and assist team leadership in helping them reach their full potential and goals.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead efforts to develop data science capabilities in Service Technologies and partner with other data scientists across the greater Blizzard Entertainment organization.
- Manage a portfolio of data science products and working closely with engineers to help improve the engineering platform in relation to data science work.
- Perform new research into machine learning applications that drive business value
- Work closely with data and software engineers to deploy, automate, and maintain models seamlessly on production systems.
- Architect platform-level solutions for machine learning systems.
- People manage the data scientists on the team and help them learn & grow, gain a deeper understanding of data science, and achieve their career goals.
- Communicate machine learning models and products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be a part of the wider machine learning community within Blizzard to share ideas and learnings.
- Lead the data science efforts as it relates to player interactions and lead the research into player behaviors in first- and second party games.
- Masters or Ph.D. with a specialization in deep learning, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, statistics, applied math, algorithm design, or a related quantitative field.
- Expertise in statistics, machine learning, and model analytics.
- Able to invent and prototype novel machine learning algorithms from scratch.
- A minimum of 5 years’ hands-on applied or research experience developing machine learning models on large scale data sets.
- Able to translate academic research into application.
- Experience managing data scientists.
- Intermediate to strong knowledge in computer architecture/compilers/OOP/data structure and algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL analysis.
- Knowledge of GIT/version control, SQL DB architecture, and Hadoop/Map Reduce/Spark
- Proficiency in one or more of the higher-level programming languages like Python, Java, C++, Scala, R, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games.
- A proven track record of original contributions to machine learning or statistics.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Understanding of natural language processing.
- Passion for video games.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Team Name:Service Technologies