Lead Data Scientist
17 days ago
Job Posting TitleLead Data Scientist
SummaryThe Data Scientists are responsible for applying a wide variety of statistical and analytical techniques to business problems to glean valuable insights in support of key strategic business initiatives. They apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to data and are comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Incumbents are effective communicators capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
What You'll Do
- Provides leadership and guidance to a team of Data Scientists working on both current and new games
- Translates ambiguous business problems into measurable analytical components
- Implements methodologies to generate collect and measure data for business use.
- Uses big data environment for analysis and works with engineers in the collection and curation of game data.
- Works with unstructured/semi structured data to extract useful analytic measures.
- Performs statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns.
- Defines best practices for analysis and visualization
- Collaborates with key business leaders to understand business problems and leverage analytic tools and processes for problem solving
- Writes advanced SQL for exploratory analysis,
- Translates computational solutions/statistical models to implementable code
- Constructs recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Leads or collaborates with a team of data scientists, business intelligence analysts or big data engineers on analytical projects.
- Capable of both fast paced business requirement and long term deep-dive analyses and find the proper balance between the two
What We're Looking For
- Ambiguity - able to deal with high levels of ambiguity by bringing clarity to the problem and communicating plans toward a solution with both technical and non-technical people.
- Leadership - ability to lead team of of 4-6 data scientists, able to direct project work of others, able to provide technical mentorship
- Communication - able to talk, write, and listen effectively with executive level as well as junior members. Provide an analytics perspective to discussions and prioritisation within the team, so that the product team could elect the right ideas to work on. Communicating with stakeholders and delivering comprehensive analysis you would have to make sure that quality of your team work answers business requirements with clear business message and insight.
- Business Acumen - understands key business drivers, follows important game KPIs, familiar with key competitors
- Self-directed - develops high value process improvements, drives initiatives independently, maintains status updates, delivers quality project work in a timely manner without supervision
- Skills - Equally capable of acting as a data engineer, analyst and statistician. Lead recruitment, onboarding, peer review and career development for the team from a technical perspective. Recommends tool selections and identify resources for training and implementation.
- Contributing to technical vision within the data science team and work to turn it into reality, whilst remaining hands-on with day to day work.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision adopting to business requirements
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Familiarity with relational databases, star schema structures, semi structured data and unstructured data
- Ability to program, preferably in different programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL.
- Ability to switch context quickly and frequently
- Bachelor/Master/PhD degree in a relevant technical field, or 10+ years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Experience working with large data sets, experience with moving computation towards data layer.
- Experience using machine learning and modelling
- Experience using visualization techniques to record and communicate findings
- 8-12 years of related experience
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.