Lead Data Scientist
16 days ago
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most hardworking game development studios in the world today including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech, and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists, and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems, and personal computers. This also includes smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision is to create a diverse and inclusive environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people!
What We Need:
We’re looking for skilled and passionate Data Scientists to work in our growing central Game Science team. They will be primarily focused on the console/PC versions of our flagship game NBA2k, and be responsible for crunching data, building models, and extracting insights. Insights are used by leadership to lead the business and improve the product. Our games are played by millions every day, and in-game monetization is part of the Analytics group, so our team has a very rich dataset to play with, and a direct path to implementing our outputs. The ideal candidate will have experience with sophisticated product analytics/data science for similar games with large in-game economies and rich and varied gameplay.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze player gameplay and economy telemetry data to understand player behavior and suggest actions to improve the player experience
- Build in-game measurement and experimentation methodologies
- Work closely with development teams to provide insights into game quality, difficulty, and fun. Cooperate closely with the Game Applied AI team to understand deeply the performance of production Matchmaking, Promotions and Communications, Antifraud/toxicity, and Content Recommendations models
What Skills Are Needed:
You must be able to see the underlying story in the data, build sophisticated or simple models depending on the situation, and develop compelling communication to executives. You are a creative, self-starter with a passion to get results for meaningful change is essential for this role.
- Proven track record in data mining & analytics, building models with large, complex, and multi-dimensional data sets
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in the use of R or Python machine learning and related modules
- Experience in relational databases, SQL data carpentry. We use Snowflake for our data warehouse and have access to direct streams as well.
- Video games industry experience
Experience with big data technologies such as Spark or NoSQL DBs a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.