Lead Data Scientist, Business Planning ML
8 days ago
Job Title:Lead Data Scientist, Business Planning ML
The Lead Data Scientist will lead a team of data scientists focused on using data science and machine learning methodologies as part of our business planning initiatives, including behavioral predictive modeling, optimizing marketing effectiveness, and player segmentation. You will be responsible for:
- Managing and mentoring the Business Planning ML team; setting prioritizations, developing the team roadmap, and delivering results
- Partnering with stakeholders within the business unit, such as Marketing and Product teams, to identify, create, and deliver data science solutions
- Maintaining and improving existing models in production, including LTV, churn, and segmentation models
- Informing the technical roadmap for ML platform development
- Researching and implementing novel ML approaches for new problems
- Synthesizing disparate data, detecting and working around broken data, and investigating every possibility until you have a thorough solution
- Surfacing and communicating results to technical and non-technical colleagues by generating dashboards and reports
As the data science expert on the team, you will leverage your experience to steer data-driven discussions, improve internal processes, and communicate results to technical and non-technical colleagues. You will be a trusted member of an established team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, focused on ensuring player satisfaction in our games. You will accomplish this by:
- Being a tenacious and self-catalyzing problem solver.
- Driving towards visibility, accountability, and communication.
- Being team-oriented, and able to build long-lasting and collaborative relationships effectively.
- Respectfully contributing your professional experience in every conversation.
- Listening with openness to others.
- Adapting quickly, having a high tolerance for ambiguity, and coordinating effectively on a team.
- Evangelizing ethical ML by being thoughtful about identifying, testing for, and reducing biases in models.
- M.S. in Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative field.
- 6+ years of experience as a data scientist.
- Experience with building, deploying, and maintaining models for business problems, including predictive modeling, forecasting, player segmentation, and marketing impact evaluation
- General machine learning expertise, i.e. regression, classification, and clustering algorithms, time-series analysis, Bayesian methods, and survival analysis.
- A follower of data science best practices, such as source control, proper documentation, library packaging, versioning, testing, containerization, CI/CD, and task scheduling.
- Advanced SQL and Spark skills.
- Professional habits around model validation, testing, and tracking.
- Solid understanding of statistics, e.g. statistical power analysis, significance testing, t-tests, ANOVA.
- Experience performing data science on cloud infrastructures, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Ph.D. with peer-reviewed publications and a proven track record of self-guided research.
- Video game enthusiasm with a solid understanding of the gameplay mechanics in Call of Duty and Warzone.
- Experience managing or mentoring other data scientists