Lead Data Engineer - BI
7 days ago
We are looking for a savvy Lead Data Engineer to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as leading a team of cross-studio data engineers in optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder, a strong technical lead and a serious data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and/or building them from the ground up.
The Lead Data Engineer will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. He or she must be self-directed and comfortable leading a cross-studio data engineers team while supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS ‘big data’ technologies and cutting-edge columnar data warehouses.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture with a strong focus on data quality: reliability, consistency and accuracy.
- Lead a team of cross-studio data engineers.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (Java, Python etc.)
- Experience building, orchestrating and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and columnar databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Proven extensive experience in a Lead Data Engineer role.
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Java Spring Boot.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, Glue, S3.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Why join us:
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world!
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you even more?
- Work from Home program available.
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- All the usual perks: cafeteria, free coffee, free fruits, gaming room, relaxation area, free gym. (We will enjoy these again after things will get better)
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.
Join our Survey.
As part of our Recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying in Gameloft via this S urve y
Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations.
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
Joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?