Lead Concept Artist
12 days ago
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
LEAD CONCEPT ARTIST
As a SEMC Lead Concept Artist you will bring our game characters to life. Your characters need to be visually stunning, memorable, and express tons of personality. You will also generate ideas and craft designs that resonate with our players. As a problem solver, you will come up with visual solutions that will enhance mobile gaming towards AAA. As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
- Conceptualize and execute characters that are inspiring and unique, while maintaining a consistent look throughout various aspects of our game
- Create artwork for both reference and promotional/marketing purposes
- Work closely with the Art Director to define and maintain the visual target of our projects
- Manage day to day concept art pipeline in-house and through external contractors
- Be able to organize, forecast and plan the needs for production milestones
- Be able to provide succinct feedback on environmental asset production
- Assisting modelers with paintovers to help direct and guide towards stronger designs
- Create callout pages of real world reference for materials and construction of assets
- Able to conceptualize semi-realistic and stylized artwork
- Produce work in an efficient and timely manner
- Research, ideate, sketch, iterate, and quickly generate concepts
- Develop detailed concepts and produce orthographic drawings for 3D pipeline
- Have a positive attitude, self-motivated, and a great team-player
- Great communication abilities with a team building mindset
- Great understanding of best practices our environmental asset production
- Expert knowledge of composition, color theory, lighting, value, form, scale, perspective, and shape language
- Proficient with traditional and digital tools
- Proficient in 2D software packages like Photoshop
- Knowledge of fashion design and purpose driven clothing designs
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and proportions
- Experience with Zbrush and Maya 3D software
- Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process
- A passion for creating and playing video games
- Experience in vehicle and weapon design
- Environment concept skills
- Experience working with various game engines from licensed to proprietary
- Art Degree or formal art education
- AAA and Mobile game development experience
A resume and cover letter is required for consideration.
- 5+ years of professional experience working in concept art
- Shipped at least one game title
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $100,000 - $185,000. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!