Lead Concept Artist
13 days ago
Larian Studios are currently looking for a Senior/ Lead Concept Artists, for environment and/or characters. We want someone with the passion and inspiration to create the building blocks for the in-game world our players love so much. You will work closely with the Art Director, Lead the concept art team in order to create a believable and breathtaking environment.
- Lead the team of concept artists, by providing first line feedback and overviewing the quality of the work the team delivers, organize file management and naming conventions.
- Create stunning concepts and illustrations for realistic fantasy environments and characters in close cooperation with the art director.
- Create mood paintings, but also clear architectural blueprints modelers can follow.
- Overpaint game levels to support level designers and lighting artists to execute the vision created by the conceptart team.
- Create style guides and art processes together with the art director.
- Assist the team to improve their skills by teaching/ mentoring juniors and intermediate artists.
- 2 - 3 years experience working as a production lead.
- 5+ years concept artist experience
- Creative and imaginative mind with a great understanding of composition, realistic lighting and form.
- Proactive, creative person with a coherent artistic vision.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
Nice to haves
- Being able to integrate 3D tools in your workflow (Maya ,3Ds Max, zBrush ) is a big plus.
- Architectural background to create clear plans for fantastical buildings.
- Wide interest in design of different styles and settings, medieval/ steampunk/ Scifi etc..