This job might no longer be available.
Lead Concept Artist
16 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for a talented Lead Concept Artist to help us continue to shape the future of Fortnite. As Lead Concept Artist you will work with the development teams to create memorable environments along with unique and compelling characters that exude personality and style. You will use your artistic expertise in color, composition, shape, and visual design to help push our iconic visual style. Your craft expertise in both character and environment design will provide the inspiration which will continue to push the boundaries of what Fornite means to our players.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate closely with the Art Directors and core development team to drive and visualize many different types of content across the Fortnite universe
- Inspire, mentor, and manage a team of Concept Artists and outsourcing vendors
- Provide timely & detailed feedback for the concept art team and outsourcing vendors
- Coordinate with other art, design, and production teams to help accomplish the goals of the product
What we’re looking for
- Worked on at least one AAA game in a Lead Concept Artist role
- Portfolio that demonstrates a range of styles, creativity and craftsmanship
- Effective leader, collaborator, and problem solver able to coordinate with internal and external teams
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accurately estimate tasks and maintain schedules
- Strong communication skills and understanding of various art disciplines (animation, character, environment, VFX)
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, costume and graphic design
- 7 + years experience in the game industry working in AAA game development
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.