Lead Concept Artist
3 days ago
As a Lead Concept Artist, you will be responsible for managing a team in creating an array of environmental and prop designs for an ambitious and exciting new project.
Applying an excellent understanding of key fundamentals of composition, form, lighting, and color theory by using a wide range of skills, both 2D and 3D, to populate our game with believable world-class concept designs.
Working to and creating briefs, you will collaborate closely with the Art Directors to illustrate a wide range of bold, new concepts for a unique and compelling AAA game.
- Lead a team creating a series of inspiring digital environmental and prop designs to inhabit our worlds believably.
- Create and follow briefs, research, and collect visual references to help define impressive concept design ideas.
- Work with Design, Narrative, and Art Direction to ensure concepts created by your team always serve the game-play and story.
- Ensure our concept designs work within the technical limitations of the project such as animation, rigging or game-play
- Experience in the creation of AAA game concepts
- Ability to create clearly defined concepts briefs for both internal and external Concept Artists
- Strong experience with digital concepting tools, both 2D and 3D
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a Lead Concept Artist in the games industry
- Basic 3D and animation rigging understanding for props
- An excellent understanding of silhouette, architectural form, lighting, and color theory
- Excellent management skills in leading successful teams
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.