Lead Concept Artist (Remote)
18 days ago
LiquidX Studio is a gaming development studio with the goal to produce an open-world AAA game called Pixelmon.
We are based in Singapore and Malaysia with many of our team collaborating remotely from countries like New Zealand, Spain, Indonesia, and Brazil. With large backing from our recently raised funding round, we aim to create an entirely unique experience with immersive gameplay and extensive lore that will wow all gamers.
This position plays a key role in bringing the story to life from the initial creation, to the tone and visual style of the project. Ability to visualize abstract ideas, and storytelling is crucial for you to be successful in this position.
What You Can Expect To Work On
- Work with the Lead Artist to develop the look and feel of our new AAA game through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept art
- Assist the Art Director in defining the art style of the game, researching and proposing concept references
- Create character, environment, structure, creature, tone, or any other concepts that could be needed during pre-production and production phase
- Conceptualize stylized designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall vision for the project and work with game designers to vet their ideas through concepts and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Produce benchmark quality assets covering all aspects of concept design, key art, illustration, and storyboards adhering to the products art direction
- Develop style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for outsourcing and the team
- Review and feedback on work produced by internal & external artists
- Mentor less experienced artists and lead by example with organized workflows and efficient processes
What You Need to Succeed
- Experience: 4 years experience in animation in the gaming industry
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Strong portfolio showcasing your concept art skills
- Strong Photoshop skills
- 3D software knowledge (Maya/Max/SketchUp) is a plus
Benefits and Why You’ll Love Working With Us
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We Listen. Your voice, ideas, and suggestions matters to us, as we continuously evolving
- Our People. You’ll be working with a diverse, multicultural, international, talented, fun, supportive, and innovative people and team. We are people you can be proud to work with
- On The Edge of Innovation. Working on the latest technological, social and financial trends that is web3 and blockchain
- Flat Organisation. our team is a community, we work together as a team from all levels in true decentralised spirit