This job might no longer be available.
Lead Concept Artist [Avatar Project]
4 months ago
As part of the Avatar Project, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As a Lead Concept Artist at Massive, you'll contribute to the development of our large and ambitious concept art team. You'll have a real impact on enhancing, designing, and creating the immersive world of Pandora.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Leading and developing high-quality Concept Art for a AAA game
- Creating and maintaining a prospering art culture within the Concept Art Team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners and CoDev studios
- Prioritizing and managing the team’s day-to-day tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on-time and to specification, through stand-ups, meetings, 1on1s and syncs to communicate the vision and needs with other teams and stakeholders
- Organizing work and production backlog using project management/planning tools like Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push the quality of the project
Whilst being a great artist, you're also a passionate coach and team player, having had previous experience driving a team through a AAA release, and you strive for an effective workflow. As a person, you're organized a great people manager and have an interest in the game development process. As an artist, you've a passion for film and game concept art. Preferably you've a combination of classical art training and concept art training, with a focus on games.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork (must include Concept Art and ideally, examples with a fluid/organic nature - remembering Pandora, "It's kinda the Garden of Eden with teeth and claws" James Cameron)
- Previous experience leading a AAA art team through to release
- Several years of experience as a Concept/Environment Artist or similar on multiple projects
- Relevant degree in an Art/Design field, or the equivalent work experience
- Command of various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect & knowledge of 3D software)
- Ability to create concepts for environments, characters, and props to AAA standard
- Advanced understanding of composition and lighting
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We're more than 650 people from 50+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.