Lead Community Manager
7 days ago
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar and we are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe. Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Lead Community Manager who wants to take the next step in their career, being responsible for a team of CMs and the communities of several games.
You will own the Community Management discipline across all our games. You will be in charge of the direction and shape of our communities, deciding what is best for them, what channels or platforms we want to serve, and how the overall philosophy of the discipline looks like. Our social media and community managers will report to you and will seek leadership and guidance from you. With our games being mobile online, there is a heavy focus on Social Media and you will play an integral part in creating strategies fit for this market.
You will report to the Head of Player Experience and be a key member of the PX leadership team to shape the future of our games and communities. We seek someone who thrives on change and wants to see an impact from their work.
This is a full time position based in our London office. We require certain times in the office but offer flexibility around working hours and have a hybrid model with the option to work from home 2-3 days per week.
- Full ownership of our community management discipline
- Disciplinary leadership of our in-house social media and community managers (6)
- Identify areas for improvement and implement changes
- Collaborate with external vendors (supported by our vendor management team)
- CM processes, workflows, guidelines, etc.
- Oversee project implementations
- Work closely with our marketing team on their marketing campaigns
- High level reporting on community sentiment
- Hiring and Onboarding of new team members within the discipline
- Proven track record as Community Manager or Lead CM for video games - show us what you worked on! Best include some examples of your most recent or favourite work
- A strong vision of what the perfect community looks like in your eyes
- Leadership experience
- Effective communication skills
- Experience managing Social Media channels
- A passion for gaming and gaming communities
- Experience addressing difficult situations within the community when required
- Experience working with Discord communities is a big plus
- Experience with social media management and business intelligence tools
- Experience in other marketing disciplines or working with content creators/influencers
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We recently global launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar! We are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.