Lead Cloud Tooling Engineer, Infrastructure Engineering
13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at a massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
As a Lead Engineer in the Infrastructure Engineering organization you will lead the Cloud Tooling project working on the Cloud Developer Platform and Interfaces that enable streamlined application and service development on top of our Cloud Infrastructure. This is a part leadership, part hands on role requiring you to be able to write code as well as manage your team. As a customer centric engineering organization, you’ll work closely with our customers ensuring fast turn around of feature requests and bug fixes. You will be working on capabilities that will reduce engineering effort to provision, deploy, configure, update and repair activities during the lifecycle of an application, game or service running on our cloud infrastructure. You will work with multiple teams across the globe and help us to continue evolving as a center of excellence both for Cloud Infrastructure as well as Online Game Developer Experience. We are a dev+ops style organization practicing, “you build it, you run it” for all capabilities that we offer.
In this role, you will
- Lead the Cloud Tooling project focussing on tools such as Vault, certificate automation, user access management and more
- Manage a small team of engineers delivering and supporting the tooling owned by this project
- Develop high quality, stable code for use in web services, libraries and tools
- Write and publish RFCs, design specifications and developer documentation
- Problem solve at every layer of the technology stack
- Participate in bottom up planning around release schedules, workload and priority
- Design for privacy, security, compliance, high availability, performance and resilience across all web services and infrastructure capabilities
What we’re looking for
- Experience managing and developing a small team of talented engineers
- In-depth experience in Golang, or other languages like Java, C/C++, or Rust
- Experience with products like Vault for secrets management, and automation of infrastructure components
- Extensive knowledge of working with AWS and Kubernetes solutions like EKS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.