Lead Cloud & Back-End Engineer (M/F)
9 months ago
Voodoo is a tech company focused on creating mobile apps for a wide audience. We are a leader in the mobile gaming market and the n°1 company worldwide with the most downloads on the App Store per day.
Our games have over 300M monthly active users and generated 1.5 billion downloads in 2018. Our stacks receive more than billion events per day and thousands of queries. We are growing rapidly.
We believe in continuous improvement of processes and sharing best practices. Our culture is based on our strategy : achieve excellence by creating and publishing hit games and hiring great talent !
You will join an organic structure where you will take ownership of your role and contribute actively with new ideas of new projects in a creative and stimulating working environment.
You will lead and mentor one or more small, high performing software development teams, and you will work together on long-term vision along with other leads so together you can achieve best results. Also, you will help develop and implement long term strategies to improve the backend development process at Voodoo. You’ll ensure that our development teams are consistently following industry best practices while maintaining our agile, delivery-focused culture. Feel free to think big and if you're up to the challenge, come and join us!
- Design & build backend applications such as APIs and microservices ;
- Ensure that your tests are as important as your code and all application performance must be considered ;
- Take ownership of your work and bring creativity and helpfulness to the workplace every day ;
- Implement and run software teams that adhere to industry best practices ;
- Mentor other developers as they strive for greatness and be able to grow your skills to find innovative solutions ;
- Solid experience building backend applications and good experience using intensively Node.js
- Experience with SQL and/or noSQL databases
- Good understanding of the AWS cloud services like EC2. RDS, S3, DynamoDB, and ELB/NLB.
- Familiarity with CI tools and processes like CircleCI and Agile development
- Good systems design experience and a solid ability to deliver practical design solutions in a fast-paced delivery-focused environment
- Good communication skills and can speak & write English (we can offer english lessons)
- Know-how to balance the desire for perfection and elegance with the need for timely deliverables
Nice to have
- Familiarity with services & technologies used in our Stack (see below)
- Familiarity with Voodoo's ecosystem: gaming, apps, advertising, analytics, etc, at all scales
- Backend: Node.js, Spark, Scala
- Frameworks: Express, Koa, Sequelize, AWS-SDK
- Frontend: Vue.js
- AWS Cloud Services, EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, EKS
- Ops: Jenkins, CircleCI, Airflow, Git (Github/Bitbucket), Microservices architecture, Continuous delivery, Docker/Kubernetes
- Database: SQL and NoSQL
- Cache: Redis, Memcached
- Mobile: iOS (Objective-C & Swift), Android (Kotlin), Unity