Lead Client Engineer
12 days ago
You possess a strong technical background and you have made measurable improvements to the software engineering practices on a team. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you.
Kabam Vancouver is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our engineering team as a Client Lead Engineer .
You will be joining a team of Engineers who work in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other programmers to build and release our best new games at a sustainable rate. You will be happy to know we have a common team that manages our build farm, CI/CD infrastructure and automation farm.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Plan and implement code to keep our live game performing well while every release adds new features and content.
- Bring every release together - set up branches, migrate features and work with partners to ship compelling new releases every month.
- Grow a team of software developers - set and achieve career goals, develop new skills.
- Work with the production team to plan the software development process for large or urgent features.
- Work with the QA Leads to ensure coverage and efficient use of time.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues. Monitor and share product health metrics.
- Respond to the new features from Apple, Google, Unity, and other partners.
Your background includes:
- 4+ years of experience building game clients, having worked on at least two games
- Strong proficiency in Unity and C#
- Solid debugging skills
- Experience in developing software with a client-server architecture
- Experience in profiling a game and have used telemetry to make software decisions
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and Agile methods to develop software, manage multiple deliverables simultaneously, prioritize workload and collaborate with co-workers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading software engineering teams (5+ people) and managing the careers of 3+ software engineers
For those who want to take it up a notch, let us know if you have:
- Experience with NGUI for Unity
- Experience using the Android / iOS SDK’s and development model
- Experience with Perforce, Jira, Confluence, Slack, and the Google Workspace
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform in production
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.