Lead Character Concept Artist
1 month ago
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Character Concept Artist to help us bring the multiverse on Core to life with exciting stylized characters for our players to bring with them into a vast range of games spanning many themes and genres.
- Design and develop original stylized character concepts and skins for the multiverse spanning a vast range of themes and genres.
- Lead a team of internal and external character concept artists, and provided direction and critique within specified time frames.
- Work closely with the Art Director to refine, develop, and maintain style guides and documentation for concept artists and external art outsourcing.
- Work closely with the 3D character team to iterate and design around technical constraints and develop technical model sheets, callouts, and paintovers
- Work closely with art and product teams to help develop a roadmap for future character content for the platform
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in animation, film or game development focusing on conceptual artwork
- Mastery of stylized character design and illustration
- A deep understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
- Excellent eye for light, value, composition, and color
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments
- Working knowledge 3d game production pipelines & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Have shipped a AAA, PC, or console title as a concept artist
- Worked on a live service shipping characters on a cadence