This job might no longer be available.
Lead Character - Assassin's Creed Brand
16 days ago
As a Lead Character Modeler at Ubi Quebec, you'll guide the creation of the characters players will interact and connect with. You’ll oversee and support a talented team of character modelers in transforming concept designs into the defining people, creatures, and animals that live within our worlds.
You’re a well-rounded team ambassador: an expert communicator, collaboration encourager, and not to mention a skilled artist. You understand the character creation process along with its (at times, many) technical and artistic constraints. You’re able to step in to coach your team, find solutions to setbacks, and deliver feedback with confidence.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other art leads and the art director to discuss and develop the game vision;
- Coordinate and motivate character modelers as they develop and polish their character art throughout the 3D pipeline;
- Organize and run regular team meetings to assign tasks, establish priorities, discuss progress, etc.;
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards (poly count, memory, etc.);
- Review integrated work, ensuring it’s aligned with the artistic direction and can animate well;
- Provide mentorship and constructive feedback to develop a consistent, quality visual style;
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry;
- Participate in recruitment to build and grow your character modeling team.
What you bring
- A degree in 3D Modeling, Fine Art, or equivalent;
- Experience in modeling, texturing, or other relevant experience (leadership, a plus);
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, and ZBrush) *
- Solid understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations;
- Excellent mentorship, communication, organization, time management, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Flexibility and a whole lot of resourcefulness;
- A highly collaborative, creative, and empathetic spirit;
- A super sharp, trained eye for detail.
* Knowledge of project management software (e.g. Jira), 3D scanning, and optimization techniques = very nice to have! Skills and knowledge come in many forms and can be based on relevant experience, so we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements listed above.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped;
- A portfolio of your best 3D work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio).
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.