Lead Character Artist
San Francisco CA us
11 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Lead Character Artist will lead, mobilize, and develop an art team within a collaborative multi-discipline environment; working with Production, define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key-player in the artistic style of the project.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise
- Prioritize, plan and organize their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Art Director
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines
- Identify and set up best practices, work-flows and pipelines
- Report to Production on the progress of work and any issues or risks relating to the project
- Facilitate training initiatives for the team as required
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes in Direction into their team’s work
- Make suggestions that are in-line with the game's marketing positioning
- Keep open channels of communication across their team / collaborating studio / outsource partner
- Support the production team in building the schedules
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talent for their team and the studio
- Manage the on-boarding process for new starters in their team
- Regularly update their team and Production
- Manage team members’ performance and progress
- Conduct appropriate ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Excellent artistic eye for human proportions, shape language, composition and lighting
- Full understanding of PBR materials pipeline, character rigging fundamentals
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard graphics applications (e.g. High poly/low poly modeling in Zbrush/Maya or Max, texturing in Substance Painter, cloth simulation in Marvelous Designer etc.)
- Solid understanding of the video game industry and awareness of video game development processes (e.g. real time game engines, 3D model toolsets and production pipelines)
- Previous management experience / team collaboration and mentoring is desirable
- Previous experience of working in the games industry or studio
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.