Lead Character Artist
15 days ago
Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team. We're an independent video game developer and publisher, known for first-person shooters like Red Orchestra, the wildly popular Killing Floor series, and more recently, the action RPG Maneater and melee combat game Chivalry II. Tripwire has solidified its place as one of the games industry’s leading independent developers. Our independence means the ability to work on our own timetables to craft games with a singular voice that reflects our own unique vision. We’re located in Roswell, GA, a historic suburb of Atlanta, where living is affordable and proximity to the city provides for plenty of opportunities. We believe in a collaborative work environment where team members are encouraged to take risks and push the boundaries of our medium. If that sounds like something you could get into, we'd love to hear from you!
Without a doubt, our office is an awesome place to work, but at Tripwire we recognize that the true “office” exists both inside and outside of our state-of-the-art facility. With our brand new “Next-Gen” Remote Work policy, we are able to remain fully productive regardless of what the world throws at us by allowing all employees to choose whether they’d like to work in-office, at home, or a bit of both. This program has been designed to give all Tripwire employees the tools to help them deliver their best work. For more information on Tripwire’s Next-Gen Remote Work Policy click here.
- Create high resolution sculpts, clean low-resolution meshes, unwrap, and project in your software of choice.
- Ability to create High Quality textures in Substance Painter/Designer that work well in a PBR environment
- Provide mentorship, art feedback, and training to fellow team members
- Constantly improve and advocate for best creation and production practices
- Communicate outside of the art team directly with other developers and relay that info to the rest of the team.
- Work alongside the Art Director to define look of the characters and creatures as well as develop team to further push our quality bar upward
- Work closely with Animation and Technical Artist Leads during the creation process
- Work with the Art Director and Producer on schedules for the team.
- Create tasks and manage scheduling for the individual team members using Jira
- Attend Daily sync up meetings with other Leads and Art Director
- Work with Art Director on the hiring of new Character Artists
- Character Artist with 8+ years experience in the games industry
- Shipped at least one game as a Lead Artist
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent 3D art skills (3D modeling, texturing, composition)
- Relevant Software Knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya, Zbrush, Substance Suite, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop.
- Familiarity of PBR materials, Texture mapping, character rigging fundamentals, and cloth simulation.
- Passionate about the Craft
- Excellent Eye for Detail and creating believable Characters and Creatures.
- Knowledge of Current VFX techniques and Terminology
Preference to Applicants:
- With UE4 experience
- Familiarity with Tripwire Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days
- Remote Work for this position