Lead Character Artist
6 days ago
Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games are a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Who you are:
As a human, you’re a visionary explorer, a pursuer of fun, and focused on building community. You see an opportunity within games to do more and to have more than “ just a job”. You’ve had unique experiences both at work and personally that have expanded your curiosities to seek the root of a problem, to seek out issues, and work with people to explore solutions! Your experiences have made you who you are, and that has led to you understanding the importance of diversity in both thinking and in people. Oh, and games… You may like those, too!
Who you are at work:
You lead with humility in all that you do. You showcase passion for your craft through the work you produce and the service you give to others. It brings a smile to your face seeing concepts turn into beautiful 3D art. You connect with people through humour and curiosity and these elements make up some of the foundation in your approach to communication.
At Timbre, we take mentoring seriously, and as a lead, we want you to as well. We are here to make amazing games and grow the next generation of game industry people – two goals that are at the heart of who we are.
Within your first 2 months at Timbre, you can expect that:
- You’ll be hands-on and involved in all aspects of creating visually stunning 3D characters: modelling, rigging, texturing
- You’ll work cross functionally with all your fellow Timberoos to identify priorities and produce characters that enhance player experience
- You’ll identify solutions in our production pipeline and work with Tech Art to improve tools and pipelines
- You’ll define and refine the style of our characters
- Your passion for creation will be infectious across Timbre Games and elevate the team from prototyping through production
As we progress through our development and the team grows, you’ll play a huge part of building out the Art team: Recruiting, onboarding and mentoring.
- Work closely with recruitment to improve our recruitment process and bring in value aligned people
- Onboard and nurture current and future Art teammates, playing a huge role in the their development
- Define artistic styles and support your reports to adhere to those principles and standards
Your track record might include:
- 7+ years character modelling experience
- Previous Lead experience or experience as a senior artist within a game production environment
- A portfolio of delivered digital projects and games that showcases quality and diversity of character modeling skills
- Highly skilled communication, both verbally and digitally, to different disciplines within the studio as well as external partners where required
- Strong modeling, rigging, UV and material skills with an ability to create high-poly as well as engine efficient assets
- Ability to give as well as embrace constructive feedback and iterate efficiently
- Ability to scope workload and identify efficiencies
- Experience working with a team where people come first and culture isn’t defined by a cheesy poster on the wall
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not! If you share our mission of creating games that are accessible for everyone, we’d love to meet you and see what is possible!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: email@example.com
Please upload a link to your portfolio for us to review!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.