This job might no longer be available.
Lead Character Artist
17 days ago
- Setting the artistic vision with cooperation of Art Director for how character and creature models are designed and developed as well as maintaining the quality standards across the entire character development pipeline.
- To create believable Characters and props suitable to the project artistic universe and technical requirements.
- To manage talents of Character Art team to achieve best possible result for the project and personal growth of team members
- Lead and mentor teams of Character Artists
- Provide day-to-day feedback and creatively solve problems
- Collaborating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create engaging Characters
- Work closely with a team to achieve defined art direction
- Work with production team on tasks assignment and a team schedule
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Bugfixing and describing R&D case studies in knowledge base
- Coordinating the Character Art effort with possible outsource teams
- Conduct consistent performance reviews of staff members
- Conduct recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- Conduct onboarding to new hires
- Typically 10+ years of experience in developing character models at the highest quality level
- Typically at least 3 years of experience in leading/coordinating work of an Artist team
- Shipped game title experience (typically credits in at least 2 AAA titles as a Character Artist)
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality
- Ability to create complex creature types from bipeds to quadrupeds and beyond
- Ability to create high-poly and low-poly models as well as textures.
- Ability to adapt to, and innovate, new styles and techniques
- Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
- Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
- Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Excellent knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance)
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for Games
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Maverick is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Microsoft. The game development involves our European and North American teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.