Lead Character Artist
29 days ago
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
See why we have been certified by Great Place to Work and GamesIndustry.biz.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Lead Character Artist to help maintain our stunning visual style by driving the artistic direction of character art at our studio. This role will serve on a team that is collaborating with one of our valuable partners on their AAA game franchise. We need an individual who enjoys leading, collaborating, and has a strong sense of quality character art created in various styles.
- Lead a team of character artists to create top-notch characters and accessories
- Review and deliver assets within the project’s artistic direction and deadlines
- Maintain a high visual quality bar within performance constraints
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of fellow character artists
- Collaborate with Lead Artist & Art Director to communicate visual direction
- Ability to develop an efficient pipeline to ensure a high visual quality bar on all character art
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experienced with PBR engines like Unreal, Unity, or CryEngine
- Expert knowledge of human anatomy and proportions through traditional or 3D art
- Proficient in modern modeling/art packages such as (Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop)
- Expertise with version control software (Perforce, Alien Brain, etc.)
- Team player with a strong work ethic, collaborative attitude, and clear communication skills
- Digital illustration proficiency
- A good sense of visual design and aesthetics
- Thrives when working in a team environment
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level. Check out our next project at Rumbleverse.com.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until May of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.