Lead Character Artist
7 months ago
Our global Character Team creates new Characters, Armor and Creatures for Squadron 42 and Star Citizen, always striving to push the bar even higher! We pride ourselves in delivering AAA quality characters to both games as well as providing our subscribers and community with new and exciting content. Come join our team!
What you’ll be doing?
- Direct manager for all Character Artists at Cloud Imperium Games Los Angeles Studio
- Work alongside the Character Art Director and Tech Art Lead to maintain the high standards of modeling, texturing, PBR material creation to provide consistent and high-quality models
- Review Character asset Concepts and identify potential problem areas before the team starts work on assets
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve the Character Art pipeline
- Document and communicate specifications and visual benchmarks of the Character Art pipeline
- Create high-quality Character assets from a high poly sculpt all the way to complete textured in-game asset
- Monitor the quality of outsourced Character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity
- Mentor and train other Character Artists
What does a good Lead Character Artist look like to us?
- A minimum of 7 years of professional games industry experience with a focus on Character modeling, preferably in Maya & ZBrush.
- Experience working on published AAA games
- Prior Art Lead or management experience
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement, etc.)
- High-level knowledge of Marvelous Designer
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity. (must provide
- Strong high & low resolution organic and hard surface modeling.
- Solid understanding of human anatomy
- Good organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc. through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.