Lead Character Artist – World of Warcraft
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
21 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Lead Character Artist – World of Warcraft
Lead Character Artist
A Lead Character Artist on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for leading a character team to bring to life new creatures, characters, armor, weapons, and in-game promotional items. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory along with a solid understanding of video game art production methods. We want you to work closely with the Art Director, Art manager, production team and other art leads to help meet our goals and continue the core mission of the WoW Art team which is creating the highest quality handcrafted art in the industry.
- Create prototype and other benchmark assets for the character art team
- Be the voice of the character art team (including player-facing promotional items)
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with design and art leadership
- Make decisions that keep the production moving forward
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business needs
- Partner with art management to ensure team is healthy and strong
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Provide direction for the character art team. This includes painting over screen captures, manipulating 3D models and painting textures
- 3D model armor sets, weapons, mounts, creatures, and other assets
- Texture armor sets, weapons, mounts, creatures, and other assets
- Work closely with art leadership to help achieve a consistent vision
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets
- Communicate with production, design, and other departments
- Provide technical direction to team members and partner with Tech Art and Engineering to maintain implementation standards and improve tools
- 8+ years of experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of creatures, weapons, armor sets, and other tasks
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude
- Ability to identify, mentor and grow talent
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.