This job might no longer be available.
Lead Character Artist [Assassin's Creed VR] (f/m/d)
5 months ago
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist (f/m/d) to lead the Splinter Cell character artist team.
As lead character artist you are responsible for managing the character artist team to deliver AAA characters and character related assets in our art production teams, for trouble shooting character related issues and participates in the planning for the project characters. You will also develop your team through excellent communication skills and mentoring.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite; we cannot offer remote or freelance work.
- The Lead Character Artist is responsible for managing and developing the character artist team.
- Content creation of characters across all areas of the game as defined together with the Art Director, which sets the industry leading standard for the team and the project.
- Work with and mentor character artists to provide clear direction and set expectations character requirements.
- Setting up and maintaining character production pipelines
- Close collaboration with the Art Director to work within the visual style of the game
- Balance quality and efficiency of work to gain the best possible results within in the given time frame and technical constraints
- Ability to skillfully optimize characters to game-ready quality for a VR title
- Be hands-on and willing to create characters
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams globally on a daily basis
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a character artist in game development, with at least one AAA title shipped and 3 years as a lead
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to improve them, then optimize as required for final VR product.
- Very good skills in Zbrush, at least one of the major 3D modeling packages (Maya, 3DS Max) and Photoshop.
- Strong sculpting, texturing and painting skills
- Ability to create highly realistic characters that meet AAA standards
- Very good working knowledge with at least one AAA game engine
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written. (No German language skills are required to work in our studio)
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude and team player.
- Having worked with scanned data is a plus.
- Good Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Knowledge of Substance Designer / Painter and/or Marvelous Designer is a plus
To apply for this opportunity you must include your resume, portfolio link and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of realistic characters
- Examples of high-quality materials and textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
Ensure the links to your portfolio are easy to find and still working.
Preferred portfolio platform: Artstation.
Any shared drives portfolio should have access granted.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
- Free German Classes; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us, this class is an optional benefit.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 50% Health Insurance Contribution
- Paid Sick Leave
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Budget
- Discounted Ubisoft Games
- & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR", "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.