Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
5 days ago
Role: LEAD ANALYST at Pogo, EA
Location: Hyderabad, India
Pogo is an EA studio that is building the world's best online casual games destination, a place of playful relaxation and joy for millions of gamers across all walks of life. Our experienced global team provides state-of-the-art HTML5 games across the top casual genres, which support increasingly sophisticated metagames and social interactions. Pogo's fans and long-time subscribers count on us for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, and new games.
About the role
You will lead a small team of analysts and will be the driving force for analytics in Pogo. You will report to the Live Services Lead and will be part of the product team. You are a sharp , curious person who has a passion for diving into data and building models to understand how players are interacting with our games & features. You will produce insights that will help guide design on games, platform and live services to improve acquisition, retention, and monetization for Pogo.
What a Lead Analyst does at EA:
- You will lead and mentor analysts, providing guidance on technical and communication skills for their analyses and projects
- Establish and grow the skills and practices in your team to create an outstanding analytics function
- Blend analytical rigor with product knowledge to accomplish deep dives (as needed) and deliver actionable recommendations for product teams.
- Using various analysis techniques, model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content, features and campaigns will affect the economy, performance, and our player experience.
- Develop analysis frameworks to measure and evaluate the impact of features, systems, and promotions
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets and validate your results
- Develops player clusters based on behavioral patterns, which will be used to customize features and content and improve the player experience
- Translate problems into structured analyses or data products that directly create actionable insights that maximize value
- Partner with engineers and feature owners to design and set up robust telemetry for Pogo that enables high-quality analysis and reporting
- Ensure a high degree of rigor and quality in all projects and ensure that processes are adopted and best practices are shared.
The next great analyst needs
- BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 5+ years experience in an analytics role using data to help guide decisions, preferably a consumer products-oriented industry - gaming, social networks or entertainment is preferred.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in data mining, machine learning, or statistical modeling
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience analyzing very large (web scale), complex, multi-dimensional data sets
- Experience with visualisation and analytics tools such as Tableau and Google Analytics
- SQL skills, including experience querying complex data sets on a platform such as Redshift
- Experience presenting to people at various levels of business and technical expertise, including the ability to simplify difficult technical concepts
What’s in it for you?
A creative environment, engaging work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks. Plus, the chance to shape the gaming habits and lifestyles of everyone you know – not just the gamers in your family, but all types of players.