This job might no longer be available.
Lead Build Engineer
1 year ago
About the Team
The Build Engineering Team owns all aspects of our game builds. They design and implement the systems that support the build needs for a huge engineering team working on multiple game titles. They own both code and art asset builds. They work with our IT department to configure and manage a large build farm. They research and integrate cutting edge third party technology. They imagine and then write custom solutions and give us a competitive advantage. They are our first responders when breaks occur. They are a critical component of our game development.
About the Role
The Build Engineering Team is looking for a lead engineer. This person would be responsible for leading a small team of engineers to execute the team mission. They would be responsible for the technical direction of the team and may also have managerial responsibilities of the team. The Lead Build Engineer would be expected to be the key technical designer and implementer of the build systems.
Who you are
- You enjoy leading a team to solve problems.
- You enjoy solving technical challenges for others
- You are comfortable working with open requirements.
- You are willing to learn new technology.
- You can communicate well with others to clarify requirements.
What you'll do
- Provide technical direction to the build engineering team
- May also provide managerial leadership to the build engineering team
- Design and implement game build systems
- Manage day-to-day operation of the build system
- Measure and improve the performance of game build system
- Integrate the build system with related technology
What you'll need
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- Undergraduate computer science degree or equivalent competency
- Experience working with build systems or related technology
- Unity experience is a plus
- Jenkins experience is a plus
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.