Team Lead - Backend (m/f/x)
14 days ago
Our mission is to create a revolutionary virtual and augmented reality marketplace for industry and science, integrating the most powerful information available.
realworld one is a technology company that develops state-of-the-art virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions for the life sciences, analytical and diagnostics, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries. Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Carl Zeiss, Qiagen, Tecan, GEA, KSB and Festo, among many others.
We possess strong scientific and industry expertise and have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of training, sales, marketing and service. We are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of over 200 employees based in Germany, the US, China and India. We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Berlin (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Team Lead - Backend (m/f/x)
- Lead and build a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Drive and be accountable for technical delivery of backend systems
- Develop backend systems by identifying and applying the best technologies to solve a given problem
- Design data systems to be scalable, reliable, highly available, observable and maintainable
- Apply the best software-engineering practices to ensure code quality and maintainability
- Optimize backend components to maximize performance and minimize resource consumption
- Maintain comprehensive workflow documentation and knowledge sharing
- This position is approximately 25% engineering management and 75% development.
- 5+years of software-engineering experience, 2of those years with experience in building server-side applications
- Experience leading a team of engineers and being accountable for a product's technical delivery
- Passion for innovative technologies and VR/AR applications
- Experience with building web apps and services using C# and the ASP.NET framework
- Experience with designing and developing RESTful APIs for integrating with frontend technologies
- Experience with microservice architecture and the design of independent modules which communicate via well-defined contracts
- Proficiency in at least one relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL and one NoSQL database, such as wide column, document, key-value or graph databases
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Our offer to you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, successful tech company with a broad international customer base from multiple fields, including the life sciences and the analytical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries
- Receive a competitive salary in accordance with your market area
- The experience of creating highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Receive relocation and visa support
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.