Lead Backend Programmer
12 days ago
As the Lead Backend Programmer you will be planning and architecting the technical foundation for our online services. You will design, build, and maintain the services that power our development and live games, and you will be responsible for managing the Backend team to support our entire online infrastructure. You have proven experience building and running scalable online services and are comfortable managing a team of programmers.
This is an opportunity to join the studio at a pivotal time as we grow our teams. We would consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
- Design, build, and maintain the online infrastructure for our games.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to develop the services required for different features.
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership for the Backend team.
- Plan, assign, and manage the work done by the Backend team.
- Proven experience architecting game backend services
- Proven experience building and maintaining a scalable architecture.
- Strong understanding of scalability and high availability concepts.
- Extensive experience with system and API design.
- 8+ years experience as a programmer working with online/web services.
- Experience with RESTful services, distributed systems, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience writing production code in C++ and Go.
- Experience working with Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure).
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.