Lead Backend Engineer
10 days ago
Lead Backend Engineer
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games , crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, or running cloud infrastructure for hundreds of millions of Fornite players, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development, and now on the cloud too.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
The mission of the Unreal Cloud Services team is to help create the ultimate suite of content creation tools with native support for collaboration and cloud. We believe that the future of content creation is made of small, connected virtual teams coming together for projects that utilise tools to considerably simplify the process of creating high quality content.
Lead Engineers will ideally have 3+ years of experience as an engineering figurehead within a fast paced organisation. They’ll be confident taking part in the recruiting and mentoring great engineers to expand the UCS team.
Required Qualifications :
- 10 years+ of work experience minimum
- Very strong at programming in at least one compiled language
- Full backend experience and knowledge from queues to databases to networking to distributed system challenges to performance optimization
- Very familiar with working on micro-services architectures
- Solid knowledge of AWS and Kubernetes
- Sufficient knowledge of modern web technologies (e.g. Web Sockets)
- Experienced being on-call and handling incidents
- Willing / able to be on-call (as part of a larger rotation)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer Science degree
- Has worked in a fast paced and autonomous environment like a start up
- Prior experience with Prometheus / Alert Manager / Grafana stack
- Prior experience with NodeJS
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.