Lead Audio Designer (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
1 month ago
The Lead Audio Designer will act as a bridge between the audio artistic direction of the game and its implementation within the technical and production constraints. They will also define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key voice for the audio design of the project.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Assess needs and quality with the Audio Director, define actions to take accordingly after consulting the team and other departments if applicable.
- Prototype and communicate the “how” in order to meet the artistic and technical objectives to the team in conjunction with the Audio Director and production team
- Represent the team in discussions where general audio design expertise is required
- Help to assess and identify risks concerning scope, and recommend appropriate solutions
- 10+ years experience in audio production for video games
- Delivery of at least 2-3 AAA games as part of a production team
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong communication skills with team members from a variety of disciplines in English
- Advanced Wwise knowledge, audio post process plugins mastering, performance optimization knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Nuendo (preferred), Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper)
- Degree in music or audio or professional training in audio
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the opportunity to demonstrate personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application should include your resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check bluebyte.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.