About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We are seeking a Lead Audio Designer with a strong track record, including previous successful AAA shipped titles and experience of managing a team of Audio Designers. You will be working alongside the Audio Director to define the audio vision, aligning with the pillars of the game, and working with the game team to see the project through to release.
- Audio Lead or Senior Audio Designer, with 5+ years’ experience in industry and at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles
- Able to direct the aesthetic of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to external partners
- Define the audio quality bar on a project and help team members achieve it
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy
- Develop and maintain production roadmaps for the audio team in coordination with other departments
- Strong experience in producing dialogue pipelines, tools and playback systems
- Able to coordinate and work with localization providers, script writers and narrative teams
- Extensive experience with Wwise
- Competent with Unreal Engine
- Expert with a multitude of microphones and recorders
- Confident in organising and directing large-scale field recordings
- Able to communicate with composers using music terminology and direct the composition of music
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media
- Have experience performing and recording Foley, and working with Foley providers
- Facilitates learning, growth and provides mentoring for the audio team
- Proactively give effective, catered feedback to team members
- Experience with other game engines such as Cryengine and Unity
- Preferably FPS, weapon design and multiplayer experience
- Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
- A basic understanding of basic programming concepts
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
- An active interest in video games
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.