Lead Audio Designer - Audio - Dark Horror
8 days ago
Founded in 2012 by a group of creative and management veterans with years of industry experience, Firesprite is a visionary game development studio based in the heart of Liverpool’s vibrant game development hub with over 200 team members.
Creating a number of showcase games for PlayStation console and peripheral launches over the years, Firesprite’s core focus is developing innovative and memorable experiences for players on cutting edge gaming hardware. At Firesprite, the end player experience always comes first and the team is passionate about how to best combine the disciplines of design, art and code to deliver games that surprise and delight.
A visionary game development studio founded in 2012, Firesprite builds innovative showcase titles for PlayStation platforms as part of the PlayStation Studios family.
Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA games working from anywhere in the UK, including our Liverpool studio?
We are looking for a Lead Audio Designer to join us on a story-driven horror blockbuster with genre defining goals.
This highly ambitious project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory with a heavy focus on art, animation, audio and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
As a Lead Audio Designer, you will work closely with the Audio Director to help guide the soundscape to the highest standard, as well as manage individuals within the audio department. You will be proactive, highly motivated, and approachable, and you will create all manner of audio systems and assets to a high standard.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Sound Designer looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, you will ensure the audio design is a central pillar of the development.
- Be a major part of all major audio decisions on a AAA game
- Mentor and manage the careers of the audio team
- Ensure audio standards are maintained across the team
- Play a major role in helping to build a world class audio team
- Identify areas for innovation / problem solving and pro-actively collaborate on creative and technical solutions
- ‘Feature Owner’ of major aspects of the audio, liaising with cross-discipline teams to deliver exceptional quality
- Create original sound effects using synthesis, location & studio recordings as well as utilising in-house and commercial sound libraries
- Comfortable creating and mixing audio for linear media (such as cutscenes, trailers, online/broadcast media, etc)
- Work with external vendors to ensure timely and quality delivery
- Accurate milestone planning and reviews
- Proficient in DAW workstations (Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase/Nuendo, etc)
- Experience using third party middleware, especially WWise and UE4/5
- Console experience and an understanding of their limitations and advantages
- Experience with task management software (Jira, Hansoft, etc)
- Experience with version control software (Perforce, SVN, etc)
- Ability to help create a positive team environment
- Ability to lead and inspire more junior sound designers
- Comfortable with travel when required
- Proactive, self-sufficient, collaborative approach to work
- Ability to own and deliver high-quality work, with no guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and sound design skills
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Significant professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio
- Experience working in a Senior role on at least one published AAA title (preferably console)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to a culture of inclusion and mutual respect for all employees from every walk of life, reflecting the community we make games for. We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.