This job might no longer be available.
Lead/Associate Lead Level Designer
8 months ago
The Lead Level Designer will oversee the design of all level and mission content and ensure that the gameplay within it reflects the vision of the game and lets its mechanics shine. They will be expected to possess great leadership skills and an ability to motivate the team.
- Manage and mentor the Level Design team
- Develop missions and levels according to the global vision of the game
- Be Involved in the analysis of the needs of the Level Design team
- Suggest creative new ideas and concepts
- Assist the Game Design team in the development and evolution of the game content
- Regularly commit to deadlines in line with the project’s production roadmap
- Help build better, more efficient processes and pipelines for the team
- Provide assistance with technical issues
- Handle additional job-related assignments when needed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the industry or at least 2 shipped AAA titles
- Experience in a Managing or Lead position within the industry
- Ability to design creative and interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (Unreal Editor, Unity Engine, Maya, Max, Blender or similar 3D editor)
- Experience in using a scripting tool or a language to create game mechanics
- Ability to conceptualize levels and mechanics that will be satisfying to the player
- Ability to analyze and deconstruct both positive and negative elements in a variety of games; then applying and sharing the knowledge extracted
- Strong knowledge of Game Design systems and Level Design elements and how they correlate
- Knowledge of the ways Players react to Level and Game Design elements and ability to adapt them effectively according to the Game’s needs
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently within a large group project environment
- Solid knowledge of the game production pipeline
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve complex issues
- Ability to meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative and agile team environment
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Some artistic background, formal or otherwise, 2D or 3D, is a big plus
- Informal, friendly and international working environment
- Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia
Please send us a copy of your updated CV and cover letter in English.
* Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted . Applications without provided cover letters will not be considered.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class game dev studio. Throughout the years, it has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than seven years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, most recently taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. After 12 years, more than 18 released games, and increasing its teams almost seven times to 230+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is currently working on contributing to some of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including Beyond Good and Evil 2, and Skull & Bones. The most recent achievement of the production teams in the Studio is the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, highly acclaimed by both players and critics alike.