This job might no longer be available.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
7 months ago
Role Overview - Lead Artist
SEGA HARDlight are looking for a Lead Artist who can drive both the art and the art team on a new project . You could be an art lead with a proven track record or an experienced/senior artist who wants a new challenge.
As a Lead Artist you will be at the forefront of one of our new titles. You will help drive both the artistic vision and the internal art team to produce high-quality art through effective communication, collaboration, detailed planning, and active mentorship.
You will be hands on, creating highly compelling artwork that meets the visual and technical requirements of the game whilst serving as the benchmark for artistic excellence and work ethic.
You will understand all the limitations of a mobile game but still push the quality towards console levels. Being part of SEGA, you enjoy and have experience in creating stylised art, exciting worlds and colourful characters.
- Help establish, develop and maintain the game artistic style and visual quality
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful teamwork, giving feedback and direction where needed.
- Work closely with the art director, product owner, designers, and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game.
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
- Mentor artists along their career paths, setting challenges to encourage growth.
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience creating artwork for games with preferably at least 1 shipped title as an Art Lead.
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor.
- Technical expertise and familiarity with Unity game engine or similar & their performance/technical requirements.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills - 3D modeling, texturing and lighting
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools .
- P ro-active & collaborative work attitude toward achieving results under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for games & mobile gaming.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is REQUIRED
- Enjoy the feedback process as the best way to create fantastic visuals and collaboration when working with outsource and external contractors.
- Extensive knowledge of other 3D packages and pipelines include Z-Brush, Substance Painter and Quixel Suite.
- Mobile centric attitude towards art development including theme and demographic testing and developing a serviceable title for years to come.
Why work at HARDlight ?
- Industry leading competitive salary & corporate benefits.
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for travel.
- Optional family private healthcare package, pensions and life insurance.
- Generous developer Bonus scheme.
- Provision of free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connec tions to London and Birmingham.