4 days ago
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. With our Hollywood motion capture cameras, 3D body trackers, and haptic suits, we’re operating the next generation of cinemas - where our guests are the stars of their own movies. Venturing into space? You got it. Channeling your inner pirate? Absolutely. Need to get some steps but hate the gym? Our experiences definitely get our guests moving.
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 25 locations and 7 countries around the world. (We’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor, and are averaging 4.8/5 stars on our Google reviews across all US locations). Oh, did we mention we're rapidly expanding? We want you to be a part of our journey and help us build this new world!
About the job
We are looking for a Lead Artist to be part of our content team and work on ambitious AAA-Level VR games. This is a full-time position that will be based in our new Singapore studio. The ideal candidate will have a great aesthetic eye, a strong technical understanding of AAA art pipelines, proven leadership, and mentoring abilities, be a great communicator and be able to take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director.
- Over 5 years of games industry experience with at least 1 year in an art leadership role (Having shipped at least 1 AAA Console or PC title);
- Expert knowledge in 3D modeling software such as Maya, 3DSMax, and Blender and sculpting software such as ZBrush and Mudbox;
- Excellent knowledge in material and texture creation, such as Substance Painter and Photoshop, and a comprehensive understanding of PBR pipelines;
- Experience working in varied art styles;
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity;
- Strong sense of scene composition and visual storytelling, with a strong eye for lighting, color, and detail;
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your work;
- Proven leadership, team, and people management skills;
- Thorough understanding of the game creation process, from concept to launch;
- An in-depth understanding of effective asset creation and optimization;
- Passion for pushing state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques;
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, and strive for excellence;
- Proactive and comfortable working with both local and remote team members;
- You frequently play video games and have a strong understanding of current gaming trends and popular game releases. It’s a big plus if you have your own VR headset and regularly play VR games.
- Lead the art team in the development of high-quality environments;
- Review and deliver work following the project's artistic direction, and ensure a unified look and consistent quality across the project;
- Develop knowledge and expertise within the team while furthering their performance and skillsets;
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team;
- Partner with the design team to support gameplay requirements, narrative elements, and other objectives needed;
- Help set up best practices and streamline production processes;
- Prioritize, plan and organize tasks for the team members by working with the Producer;
- Assist with interviews and performance reviews;
- Actively participate in the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.