Lead Artist, Buildings - Unannounced Survival Game
3 months ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Lead Artist, Buildings - Unannounced Survival Game
Lead Artist, Buildings - Unannounced Survival Game
Location: This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you're a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we'd love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It's going to be amazing, and we'd love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we'll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As the Lead Environment Artist on Buildings, you will work with art leadership to build the vision of art for one of the core features of systems design. You will be a champion of that vision and execute on it with the team you will help grow. If you are a proactive problem solver who loves creative challenges and growing teams, this is the role for you.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we're obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you're looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
You can learn a bit more about this upcoming Unannounced Survival Game in our news release here!
- Be a champion of the art vision for the team.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and tech art to solve creative problems.
- Partner with other leads and directors to meet visual, technical and design standards.
- Model, sculpt, and texture high quality assets that help set the visual benchmark.
- Help research and develop art workflow that allow the team to achieve its goals at scale.
- Build workflow documentation and train artists on hitting the visual benchmarks.
- Assist in regular resource and task planning to properly staff the needs of the team.
- Identify team needs and hire talent to effectively scale for production.
- Mentor and grow your team to become better artists and game developers.
- Experience leading a team in game development.
- Experience developing art workflows for AAA games.
- Proficient with modern game authoring techniques.
- Ability to identify and solve technical challenges of building art for game features.
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude
Additional Helpful Skills :
- Architecture and Modular kit experience.
- Rigging, Animation, and/or VFX experience.
- Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer experience.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $116,800.00 - $216,000.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.