Lead Art Manager
13 days ago
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting a Lead Art Manager to help MPG deliver the best possible game development art, animation and tech art support to our clients. You will report to the Head of Art and work alongside the art/animation leads, our global art team and production teams to continue our drive for improvement in service and quality.
A confident, enthusiastic leader, you are an advocate for the art team both internally and to clients. With a passion for helping teams work at their best, you will drive best working practices, set high standards, mentor and support the craft Leads and wider art team - helping to establish processes, approvals and internal, outsource and client facing communication.
This is a perfect opportunity for the right person to have a high-level view of MPG’s ambitions and play a pivotal role in its future development.
What you'll be doing:
- Communicate with stakeholders, extract requirements and advise on solutions
- Work with the team and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work with the team to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Identify and log tasks, track and report on progress
- Assist development with resource planning and recruitment
- Set and maintain high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals
- Help and mentor team members in day-to-day work and professional development
- Draft reports for internal and client needs
- Run stand-ups, craft meetings, deepdives, reviews, show and tells, etc
What we'll need from you:
- Solid art development experience: the roles of an art team, how an art team operates and integrates within the wider team(s)
- Solid problem solving: a knowledge of workflows, dependencies, typical challenges
- Previous experience in ONE or more art crafts as an Individual Contributor
- General knowledge of typical art tools and game engines
- Ability to create and present high level documentation, diagrams, designs, etc
- Ability to advise team members production matters - solid experience with production tools like Jira
- Ability to do day-to-day line management of the team
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building teams and team culture
- Experience working with Art Outsource companies
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
What would help:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working on several projects concurrently
- Experience of direct communication with clients
- Experience line-managing and developing artists