3 months ago
Lead Animators are team leaders who set high quality standards, a consistent level of productivity and ensure proper communication within the animation department all the while supporting animation supervisors creatively and technically.
What you'll do
- In collaboration with the animation supervisor, lead creation of animation for graphics, creatures and objects within a sequence;
- Provide creative and technical feedback to the animation team;
- Working closely with the rigging, production and pipeline departments, provide suggestions and feedback to improve character setup, visual quality, rigs and overall tool functionality;
- Maintain a high-level technical oversight on production pipelines and technical approaches;
- Maintain good communication with other departments, show production and senior management to ensure deadlines are met;
- Submit shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback
- Take part in continued training for new tools, software and all other related industry technology.
What you bring
- Must have previous experience in a similar role;
- Must have an advanced knowledge of Maya;
- Thorough knowledge of 3D animation techniques;
- A proven understanding of physical motions, weight, balance, textures and form;
- Thorough knowledge of body mechanics and physicality for creature / animal movements;
- Thorough understanding of rigs and rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and data transfers within the production pipeline;
- Ability to receive and implement feedback quickly and effectively;
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Foster collaboration and teamwork within the animation team as well as with other departments;
- Adaptability and willingness in learning new processes and technical skills;
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Founded in 1991, Hybride was the first digital visual effects company established in Quebec. For over 30 years, the Hybride team has been reinventing the VFX industry, one project at a time.
Our passion for innovation and our team’s creativity are recognized throughout the industry and remain the cornerstone of our work philosophy. Our team is comprised of over 200 highly qualified creators working in two creative spaces located in Piedmont, in the Laurentians, and in the Mile-End district of Montreal.
Our repertoire holds prestigious titles such as 300, Avatar, Hunger Games and Jurassic World, as well as in the last 6 instalments of the Star Wars franchise and the new Disney+ high-end TV series, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi and Andor.
At Hybride, first and foremost, we are good human beings, who value well-being and solidarity. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. You can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.