Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan
12 days ago
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced individual looking for a challenge and change of pace. The Lead Animator is responsible for managing and coordinating art-related project plans, including day-to-day implementation schedules and resource estimates as well as working with the animation team on in-game cinematics. The Lead Animator is organized, self-motivated, and communicative, and demonstrates effective multi-tasking and team management abilities. A strong command of English grammar and language is a must.
- Understand the animation pipeline and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Work with Art Directors, producers, and Project Managers regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Art Directors’ guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives, and milestones
- Develops integrated project plans, implementation schedules, and assigns and tracks art assets.
- Prepares and plans for the content submission packages to be sent to clients, and ensures all content is present, organized, quality-checked and ready to be submitted to client review in-time.
- Participates in defining tools and art production pipeline; understands advantages and limitations of technology, and develops strategies for maximizing performance especially in regards to Client technology.
- Participates in the establishment, organization, and implementation of short and long-term artistic goals, objectives, and operating procedures; also monitors and evaluates production efficiency and affects changes required for improvement within the art pipeline.
- Responsible for identifying and recommending areas of the artistic growth of each artist to the Art Director.
- Participate and assist in events and presentations.
- Assist in HR-related processes, such as monitoring staff wellbeing and identifying potential risks.
- Prior experience in Unreal Engine 4 and/or other game-related technologies. Successfully shipping a title is a plus.
- Scripting experience with MEL, Python, Maxscript
- At least 3 years experience in leading a team of artists.
- Very proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry such as 3DSMax, Maya, and ZBrush
- Expert in at least three areas of artistic production
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood the Personal Data Protection Notice and consent to the processing of your personal data by Streamline.