4 days ago
We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Lead Animator to join the game development team where you will be leading the creation of the in-game animations with the highest quality standards using keyframe as well as mocap techniques.
Founded in 2018, Redhill Games holds a unique position in the Finnish gaming industry. Our studio is dedicated to co-developing leading action-adventure games, setting us apart as a one-of-a-kind presence in Finland. With experienced leadership and an outstanding development team, we offer the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best AAA studios in the industry.
When we look for new team members, we love to see passion, integrity, and team spirit. We value responsibility and character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution. As part of our international team, you'll connect with gamers who share your passion, ensuring there's always someone to play with!
Our HQ is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, easily accessible via public transportation and providing excellent access to the wide range of services the beautiful capital of Finland offers
- Lead, mentor, and inspire the animation team, setting a high standard of excellence in all animation-related tasks.
- Establishing standards for animation work and constructing animation systems.
- Participating in production meetings to represent the team and report on plans, achievements, and challenges.
- Collaborate closely with game designers, artists, and programmers to ensure animations seamlessly integrate into the game engine and align with the overall vision.
- Leverage your expertise with animation software, tools, and techniques, including 3D modelling, rigging, keyframe and motion capture.
- Ensure animations meet the desired level of realism, quality, and artistic vision, maintaining consistency throughout the project.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate communication and understanding across departments.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in game development animation, with at least 2 years in a leadership or managerial role.
- Proficiency in animation software such as Maya, Blender, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of animation principles, timing, rigging, keyframe and motion capture.
- Familiarity with game engines, such as Unreal Engine or Unity, and their animation systems.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration across different disciplines.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a team of animators.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your animation work
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- An interest in animating both organic and mechanical systems.
- Skills in writing Maya Python & Mel scripts.
- Comprehensive healthcare insurance, which includes limited dental coverage.
- 5 weeks of paid holiday, flexible working hours and commitment to an excellent work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and an annual profit-sharing scheme.
- Well-being benefits include lunch, entertainment, and commuting benefits.
- Start an exciting journey in Helsinki, Finland! We offer a seamless transition with our personalized relocation and integration services.
At Redhill Games, our recruitment, hiring, and retention practices are designed to ensure equal opportunities for all applicants and employees. We celebrate and embrace diversity in our team with representation from over 25 nationalities! We are proud of the different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives that our employees bring to the table, and we firmly believe that building an inclusive work environment is essential for promoting creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.