12 days ago
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming today. 25+ years of history creating fun and exciting titles for the world to enjoy as well as our studio’s 1000+ years of combined game industry experience provides a rich tapestry of tested and new ideas to draw from as has established us as one of the best studios in the world to work for.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for an outstanding and experienced Lead Animator with a jaw dropping reel to fill a major role for our team. In this position, you will demonstrate a thorough understanding of a variety of animation systems, ensuring an exciting immersive experience with our community in a multiplayer environment. Crystal Dynamics seeks team players who are passionate about playing and creating world class games.
- Oversee overall game animation in a multiplayer setting
- Provide day-to-day task management, creative direction and inspiration to the animation team to achieve the Game Director's vision
- Collaborate on schedules, commit to deliverables and manage animation team to achieve goals
- Ensure an open communication flow between animation team and excellent cross-departmental communication and effective problem solving
- Continually refine processes and pipelines for performant animations
- Stay current on industry trends in animation, rigging, modeling, texturing
- Lead prototyping and proof of concept efforts in a hands-on capacity
- Assist recruitment in expanding animation team through all development cycles
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Able to document art process and track tasks throughout game development cycle
- Good communication skills and ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and to accurately quantify volumes of work
- Strong team player with a positive attitude and the ability to collaborate across disciplines, working towards common goals
- Knowledge of systemic gameplay animation supporting snappy combat and responsive controls
- 7+ years gameplay-based character animation, preferably in a multiplayer environment
- 2+ years as a Lead or a Senior with leadership responsibilities
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of traditional animation
- Personal or professional proficiency in Maya
- Working knowledge of character creation (mesh, texturing, skinning, IK) a plus
- Blueprints, or Unity3d Animation graphs is a huge plus
- Knowledge of MEL scripting a plus
- Experience with motion capture is a plus
Though this is an animation position, this team values well-rounded artists. A portfolio that shows strong character drawing, meshing and texturing skills, along with knock-out animation is a major plus.
**All candidates must have prior animation experience, so a working reel is required to showcase ability to create high quality animation.**
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V Employer.